Thursday 10 October 2013

Foodie Adventures

The recent #CovTweetUp (see my penultimate post) highlighted to me the sheer number of businesses in the local area. This was not demonstrated better by being staged at international standard facilities of the Ricoh Stadium and being organised by a number of marketing and social media experts all based in the local area.  

A lover of food and as a caterer meeting Ajay of Lebanese restaurant (http://www.aqua-food-mood.co.uk) also highlighted one of an array of foods available on our doorstep. This made me think of the various restaurants in Coventry. I could quickly roll off restaurants serving food from around the world: American, Chinese, Moroccan alongside many pubs and restaurants serving more traditional British dishes, but how many had I actually been to?

Being inspired by #CovTweetUp I've been encouraged to try out more local restaurants and sidestep the local chippy once in a while...however, delicious they are.   A mission that could make me as famous as Mary Portas… if only anyone read this. I am going to go to one new restaurant, pub, cafe or deli from Coventry once a week. WAIT!!! Scrap that! Once a month. I don’t get much pocket money you know.

A man of many talents, being a food critic is not one of them, but I'm going to report back on some of my foodie adventures. At this point I will add that I am not going to highlight any poor ones, just sidestep them when I next think about eating out.

My next post will be on a Greek restaurant I visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment